Lawyer specialising inintellectual property lawLawyer specialising incopyright and media law
Lecturer at the htw
T +49 30 526 739 09
F +49 30 526 739 19
1. Name and contact details of the controller and the company data protection officer
Responsible: Attorney Dr. Ulrich Franz, Kurfürstendamm 57, D-10707 Berlin
Telephone: +49 (0) 30 - 526 739 09
Fax: +49 (0) 30 - 526 739 19
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.franz.berlin, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information will be collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
• IP address of the requesting computer
• Date and time of access
• Name and URL of the retrieved file
• Website from which access takes place (referrer URL)
• the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned are processed by us for the following purposes:
• Ensure a smooth connection of the website
• Ensure comfortable use of our website
• Evaluation of system security and stability as well
• for further administrative purposes.
3. Disclosure of data
A transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below does not take place. We only share your personal information with third parties if:
• You yours according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a DSGVO have given express consent to this
• disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
• in the event that disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c DSGVO is a legal obligation, as well
• this is legally permissible and according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. B DSGVO is required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
4. Affected rights
You have the right:
• in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can provide information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a The right to complain, the source of their data, if not collected from us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about their details;
• in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, immediately demand the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored with us;
• in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of Legal claims is required;
• to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data according to Art. 18 GDPR, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject its deletion and we no longer need the data, but you assert this, Exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
• in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO, to receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, standard and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another person responsible and
• according to Art. 7 para. 3 DSGVO, to revoke your once given consent to us at any time. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future.
If you would like to exercise your right to lodge a complaint, an informal email to firstname.lastname@example.org is sufficient. In order to prevent fraudulent requests for information, it may be necessary to request legitimation from you, for example by means of a copy of your ID. This is used exclusively for the clear assignment of the data to your person and is used exclusively for this purpose.
5. Right to complain
According to Art. 77 GDPR you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our office. The authority responsible for us: Berlin Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information, Friedrichstrasse 219, 10969 Berlin.
6. Right of objection
If your personal data are based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO are processed, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct mail. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying any particular situation. If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
7. Data security
We use the popular SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method within the site visit, in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we'll use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is encrypted is shown by the closed representation of the key or lock icon in the lower status bar of your browser. We also take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.